Door Progress
So as for progress its been pretty rocky but I've managed to research and understand where Id like to go with this assignment. My troubles have stemmed mainly from tech related issues, I do not have a pc in my dorm (yet) so I have to use a flashdrive to move information back and forth for sessions and some of my data seems to not save/maybe im not looking in the right place but that will shortly be fixed. I should have a pc here in my dorm by Wednesday and I will be uploading and completing what I have outlined for my doors. Ive been following along and writing down notes so that once I move forward with my plans I will have some ideas of troublesome parts, in addition I have been running questions and seeking aid from Hunter and Ty which has been a great help to me seeing as collaborating and sharing ideas has helped me rethink some of my old designs/ideas I had. Your scope is sometimes too big without realizing it and its very helpful to have other minds wrangle those ideas into much more manageable ones so that you can execute them properly.
As for my idea/plans for my doors I was thinking of designing a level where the goal of the 'game' per say is to have each player interpret something differently by having them walk through a series of identical rooms but each room adds or removes something from the narrative of the story. The true story will be that of a mystery story, with either happy or sad connotations but I see this as more of an experiment to see what people will piece together with what information I give them in each room, whether that is notes, furniture, or even simple subtle things such as a door being opened just a crack. Though mainly each door leading to the next will be made differently according to the narrative of the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment